✨ My GLOW Journey ๐ From New Writer to Editorial Team Member
✨ About GLOW
GLOW (Gaming League of Women) is a community that was created by a small group with a powerful vision: to build a welcoming space for femme-identifying LGBTQIA+ gamers, content creators, and streamers. It’s a place where people can connect, collaborate, and uplift one another while feeling safe, seen, and supported. At its core, GLOW is more than just a team. It’s a community rooted in encouragement, creativity, and empowerment, where members are given the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally alongside like-minded individuals.
๐ค Getting Started with GLOW
My journey with GLOW began the moment applications opened for volunteer positions in February 2025. Without hesitation, I applied for the editorial role, formerly known as the Research division, because I knew I wanted to contribute in a meaningful and creative way.
When I received my acceptance in March, I was genuinely excited. At the same time, I understood this was just the beginning. March served as a training month, giving both the team and myself time to evaluate if I was the right fit while learning the expectations, workload, and responsibilities that came with the role.
| New Member Announcement 2025 |
๐ Learning the Role
During that training period, I focused on absorbing as much as I could. I shadowed experienced members within the editorial division, observing how they researched, structured, and developed their content. This hands-on experience helped me build confidence in my own writing style and workflow.
It was also a great opportunity to explore what other divisions within GLOW were doing. From graphics and socials to campaigns, events, public relations, and moderation, I got a better understanding of how everything connects. Seeing the collaboration across teams gave me a deeper appreciation for the community as a whole.
๐ฐ My First Article & Finding My Voice
By mid-April, GLOW gave us the green light to officially announce our roles on social media. That moment made everything feel real and exciting. Soon after, I published my first editorial article, “Hop into April,” where I highlighted video games featuring rabbits as main characters or themes—perfect timing for Easter (and yes, the pun was absolutely intended).
From there, I continued to grow as a writer and explore different topics within gaming and content creation. I covered AAPI representation in video games, the Nintendo Switch 2 release, and even seasonal content like celebrating Christmas in July with festive games.
๐ค Exploring Community & Events
I also wrote helpful and experience-based pieces, including reasons to attend Twitch community meetups, what to expect at those events, and TwitchCon safety tips. These topics allowed me to connect more directly with the streaming and creator community.
| Me at the Twitch community meet up in Japan |
๐พ Mindset, Growth & Industry Topics
Beyond events, I explored mindset and growth-focused content, such as practicing gratitude as a creator and setting realistic goals for 2026 without burning out. These topics felt especially meaningful, as they reflect challenges many creators face.
I also dove into game updates and industry moments, including Animal Crossing: New Horizons 3.0, Pokรฉmon Day’s 30th anniversary, Pokopia’s release, and how the gaming industry is moving toward sustainability and going green.
✨ Let's Keep Glowing
Looking back, this journey has been incredibly rewarding. Being part of GLOW has strengthened my skills as a writer while connecting me with an inspiring and supportive community of creators.
I’ve learned so much through collaboration, creativity, and consistency. Every article has helped me grow not only as an editorial member but also as a content creator.
As I continue this journey, I’m excited to keep contributing, improving, and building meaningful connections. Most importantly, I’m proud to keep glowing alongside such an amazing team.
Feel free to join the GLOW Discord server.
![]() |
| Member Announcement 2026 |

Comments
Post a Comment